Care DimensionsLocation: Waltham, MA Document ID: AB043-0COR Posted on: 04/14/2017 Job Type: Regular
Hospice Aide (CNA)
The Hospice Aide is a vital member of the interdisciplinary team. He/she is assigned to care for patients who require personal care services. The Hospice Aide reports to the Clinical Manager or Hospice House Manager, but receives direct supervision from the RN Case Manager or designee.The Hospice Aide is responsible for providing and/or assisting the patient with personal care needs, ambulation, supplementary services including meal preparation, and other appropriate tasks as indicated by the RN Case Manager or designee. Charting on the appropriate agency forms is also required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Certification of successful completion of a CNA or CNA/ Home Health Aide course approved by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
• Certification must be in good standing with the nurse aide registry and not have had a lapse in furnishing services within a 24 month period.
• In lieu of an HHA certificate, successful passing of hospice aide written test and skills assessment.
• Experience in the field as a home health aide or certified nursing assistant is preferred.
• Availability to work day, evening or night hours, including weekends and holidays as required.
• Has a compassionate, warm and accepting attitude toward people.
• Demonstrates a sympathetic, mature attitude in caring for the sick and disabled and an ability to deal with different ideas and value systems.
• Ability to respect confidentiality of patients and families.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and in good working order.