This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Saugus, MA 01906 Document ID: A9193-03LH Posted on: 2018-03-2003/20/2018 Job Type: Regular
Direct Support Professional 3 (Autism Exp.)
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
The Direct Support Professional will provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and psychiatric disabilities with all activities of daily living.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living.
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in making decisions to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as applicable.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, MAP and Driver Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor"s degree in related field preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Bridgewell policy.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Bridgewell is an EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
|More Jobs from Bridgewell|