This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Revere, MA 02151 Document ID: AC443-5K4Y Posted on: 2019-04-3004/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Therapeutic Training and Support Worker for Youth and Family Services
- Supports the development of a youth-and family-centered treatment plan.
- Supports the review/development of a risk management/safety plan in collaboration with the youth and caregiver.
- Provides support, referral and linkage to appropriate services along the continuum of care.
- Provides phone contact and support to the youth and family as indicated.
- Works with the family to implement focused interventions and behavioral techniques to: enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, risk management/safety planning, communication, build skills to strengthen the family, advance therapeutic goals, or improve ineffective patterns of interaction.
- Identify and utilize community resources; develop and maintain natural supports for the youth and parent/caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Supports the family in developing and maintaining natural supports for the youth and parent caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Phone and face-to-face coordination with entities that may impact the youth's treatment plan.
- Provides coaching to the youth and family in support of decision-making in both crisis and non-crisis situation.
- Provides skills training for youth and parent/caregiver(s).
- When requested by the family, will also accompany the family to meetings about the youth's behavioral health treatment needs in schools, day care, foster homes, and other community-based locations.
Education/experience: Bachelor's degree in a human service field from an accredited university and one year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; Associate's degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one year of experience working with the target population; or High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
Skills: You must have valid Driver's license, reliable vehicle, and ability to work in community and in-home settings.
Tagged as: children, families, youth