This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Revere, MA 02151 Document ID: AC443-5K4Y Posted on: 2018-12-1512/15/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Therapeutic Training and Support Worker
- Supports the development of a youth-and family-centered treatment plan.
- Supports the review/development of a risk management/safety plan in collaboration with the youth and caregiver.
- Provides support, referral and linkage to appropriate services along the continuum of care.
- Provides phone contact and support to the youth and family as indicated.
- Works with the family to implement focused interventions and behavioral techniques to: enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, risk management/safety planning, communication, build skills to strengthen the family, advance therapeutic goals, or improve ineffective patterns of interaction.
- Identify and utilize community resources; develop and maintain natural supports for the youth and parent/caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Supports the family in developing and maintaining natural supports for the youth and parent caregiver(s) in order to promote sustainability of treatment gains.
- Phone and face-to-face coordination with entities that may impact the youth's treatment plan.
- Provides coaching to the youth and family in support of decision-making in both crisis and non-crisis situation.
- Provides skills training for youth and parent/caregiver(s).
- When requested by the family, will also accompany the family to meetings about the youth's behavioral health treatment needs in schools, day care, foster homes, and other community-based locations.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in a human service field from an accredited university and one year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; Associate's degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one year of experience working with the target population; or High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
Tagged as: children, families, youth