This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Revere, MA 02151 Document ID: AC443-5K4V Posted on: 2019-04-3004/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Family Partner - Child and Family Support Program
The Family Partner provides a structured one-to-one, strength-based relationship to a parent/caregiver of a Seriously Emotionally Disturbed children or youth for the purpose of addressing the youth's emotional and behavioral needs. This is accomplished by enhancing parenting capacity and increasing access to natural community resources to enable the parent/caregiver to parent the youth successfully.
- Engages the parent/caregiver in activities in the home and community.
- Assists the parent/caregiver in addressing one or more goals on the youth's treatment plan.
- Assists the parent/caregiver in meeting the youth's needs by educating, supporting, coaching, modeling or guiding and fosters empowerment.
- Delivers services in the parent/caregiver's home and community.
- Participates, attends and supports parent/caregiver and Care Coordinator's for Individual Care Plan meetings.
- Provide family education, advocacy and support to youth and family.
Experience: Experience working with parent/caregivers and youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance. Experience navigating any of the child and family serving systems. Experience working with parent/caregivers and youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance preferred. Personal experience as the parent or guardian of a child/youth with serious emotional disturbance or special needs is required.
Education: BA in a Human Services field and one year of experience or Associates degree in a human service field and one year of related experience or High School diploma or GED and a minimum of two years relevant experience.
Skills: Must have Driver's License and reliable transportation
Tagged as: children, families
|More Jobs from North Suffolk Mental Health Association|