This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Fotronic CorporationLocation: Melrose, MA 02176 Document ID: AB052-5ANR Posted on: 2017-02-0802/08/2017 Job Type: Regular
Sr Staff Accountant / Accounting Manager
Fotronic Corporation "Test Equipment Depot" is a reseller/distributor of new and used Electronic Test Equipment. Our National and International accounts include Small to Large Businesses, Government Agencies and Universities.
Working from our office in Melrose, Massachusetts, this position will join a team of accounting professionals that cover all aspects of a fast-paced accounting department.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 6 years or more accounting experience, preferably in a retail or wholesale sales company, with a heavy focus on goods-for-resale inventory related adjusting transactions.
- Expert-level Excel proficiency including connections to external data sources, pivot tables, V-Lookups, advanced formulas, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of functional areas.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Experience with Sage100 ERP (MAS90/MAS200/MAS500) and/or similar large ERP is a plus.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures for use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Inventory Management - Process Purchase Order invoices, multiple-warehouse inventory reconciliation, inventory valuation adjustments, vendor return and reporting.
- Accounts Payable - Vendor invoice data entry, purchase order invoice receipt posting and problem resolution. Preparation of weekly check printing. Reconcile company credit card purchases of goods-for-resale and expenses.
- Accounts Receivable – Process and reconcile customer’s electronic and physical deposits. Initiate collection contact for past-due accounts. Process customer returns, credits and refunds.
- General Ledger income/expense, inventory and trend analysis.
- Vision and ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Completion of monthly and year-end closing process and preparation related management reports.
Medical Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
Company paid Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan with Company contributions