Fotronic CorporationLocation: Melrose, MA Document ID: AB172-5PZL Posted on: 05/04/2017 Job Type: Regular
Fotronic Corporation "Test Equipment Depot" is a reseller/distributor of new and used Electronic Test Equipment. Our National and International accounts include Small to Large Businesses, Government Agencies and Universities.
Accounting Manager will be working from our office in Melrose, Massachusetts, this position will supervise a team of accounting professionals that cover all aspects of a fast-paced accounting department.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
- 6 years or more accounting experience, preferably in a retail/wholesale business, with a heavy focus on transactions related to goods-for-resale inventory.
- Staff supervision experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Expert-level Excel proficiency including executable knowledge with connections to external data sources, pivot tables, V-Lookups, advanced formulas, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of functional and business areas.
- Experience with Sage100 ERP (MAS90/MAS200/MAS500) and/or similar large ERP is a plus.
- Supervise, direct and review Accounting Department work and personnel.
- Recommend, create, improve and implement accounting processes and procedures for the company.
- Produce financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Cash management and bank reconciliation.
- Supervise, direct, process and review:
- Inventory Management - Process Purchase Order invoices, multiple-warehouse inventory reconciliation, inventory valuation adjustments, vendor return and reporting.
- Accounts Payable - Vendor invoice data entry, purchase order invoice receipt posting and problem resolution. Preparation of weekly check printing. Reconcile company credit card purchases of goods-for-resale and expenses.
- Accounts Receivable – Process and reconcile customer’s electronic and physical deposits. Initiate collection contact for past-due accounts. Process customer returns, credits and refunds.
- General Ledger income/expense, inventory, adjusting entries and trend analysis.
- Completion of monthly and year-end closing process and preparation of related management reports.
- Vision and ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Medical Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
Company paid Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
401(k) Retirement Plan with Company contributions
|More Jobs from Fotronic Corporation|