This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Lynnfield, MA 01940 Document ID: AB013-0CVL Posted on: 2017-01-2701/27/2017 Job Type: Regular
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial services to Bridgewell"s programs. This includes processing and monitoring payments, and preparing and monitoring the billing system. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that the financials and the database are accurate and up to date, that customers are billed and within established time limits. The Staff Accountant must comply with established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the financials are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Review the Collection of Food Stamps benefits and record monthly
- Calculate the care costs as new changes occurs
- Update and record monthly billing for customers
- Apply payment and reconcile individual accounts
- Print and distribute monthly aging statements and other related reports (to Rep Payees, managers)
- Cross train and assist when needed in Contract Billing and reconciliations
- Provide regular maintenance & review of programs in order to ensure efficient and updated information.
- Maintain Care Costs, Food Stamps, Rents and Voucher database
- Update customer profile to Financial Edge
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and costumer files
- Collection letters and calls for Care Cost accounts
- Provide customer service
- Assist customers, staff and respond to inquiries
- Answer phones and follow up email correspondence
- Inform PD and supervisors of any changes in regard of care costs, lease renewals, food stamps expiration
- Perform related duties as required
- Required: Associate Degree, with courses in accounting, business or equivalent.
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree
- Preferred: Similar work experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills essential
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Requires acceptable CORI according to Bridgewell policies.
Bridgewell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled.
|More Jobs from Bridgewell|