This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Lynnfield, MA 01940 Document ID: AB504-0EJN Posted on: 2018-08-0308/03/2018 Job Type: Regular
Residential Registered Nurse
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: The professional registered nurse will coordinate health services for individuals with developmental and/or psychiatric disabilities living in Bridgewell residential or supportive living group homes. Responsibilities include: health care education, medical assessment and support for the individuals and their staff, advocacy and liaison with community health care providers, monitoring medical records, and medication administration oversight. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday with some flexibility in hours. Paid on-call rotation is required approximately once every 6 weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides, supervises, and documents health care services in accordance with appropriate state regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts RN license requirements, and professionally abides by all agency policies and procedures.
- Functions as an integral member of the staff teams at assigned group homes. Meets as needed with Program Directors and/or other team members to maintain continuity and consistency of care.
- Acts as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular medical needs and care. Helps staff identify appropriate community health resources. Works collaboratively with the Program Director to facilitate discharges from health care facilities.
- Provides consultation to DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified Staff as needed.
- Provides in-service education to individuals and/or staff on health issues.
- Provides quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Serves as a mentor and clinical field supervisor for the licensed practical nurse.
- Provides ongoing supervision for the licensed practical nurse to ensure optimal health care provision to Bridgewell recipients.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures, which maintain quality of care and compliance with the Medication Administration Program.
- Works collaboratively with nursing/healthcare staff of Bridgewell by participating in monthly nursing staff meetings, agency-wide healthcare planning, and on-call pager rotation.
- Collaborates with Program Director, Director of Healthcare, RNs and LPN"s to assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs. This should include, but is not limited to:
- Individual client assessment
- Review of routine and other physical exams
- Review of physician ordered treatments
- Assurance of treatment follow-up and coordination of medical and psychiatric care
- Referral for additional treatment as needed with PACE, VNA, local hospital etc
- Maintenance of medical charts.
- Problem solving with individuals and staff
- Motivation of individuals and staff
- Assistance in MAP systems, including QA checks, periodic assessment of client self-medication skills, submitting medication occurrence reports
- Bachelor level or Associate degree in nursing with 3 years" experience.
- Must have current Massachusetts license.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to teach small groups.
- Experience with MR or MH individuals and in MR or MH health and community care preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Bridgewell is an EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
|More Jobs from Bridgewell|