This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Lynn, MA Document ID: AA252-0A0A Posted on: 03/13/2017 Job Type: Regular
Residential Program Director 1
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: The Program Director oversees the daily operation of a residential home and individuals with disabilities. The oversight includes the hiring, training and supervision of staff and the monitoring of the medical and clinical needs of the individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and supervise staff to ensure that performance standards are upheld and that all individuals are working in accordance with agency requirements, mission, goals and principles.
- Provide leadership to all staff by creating a positive work climate and creating a cohesive team environment.
- Promote the professional growth of all staff through coaching, mentoring and continuous training.
- Ensure ongoing systems for measuring quality of services and compliance with DDS regulations, QUEST and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Ensure that services are maintained according to DDS, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in making decisions to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Foster positive relationships with guardians and family members where indicated.
- Oversee all medical, clinical, and financial needs of the individuals by identifying needs and securing appropriate services as needed.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Ensure compliance with program budgets through consistent monitoring of financial analysis and various reports.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with funding sources, community groups, families, and other service providers.
- Provide coverage to individuals as needed.
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation.
- Maintain core training certifications and MAP certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor"s degree in related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities, one of which is in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills necessary for position.
- Must have a valid Driver"s license from the state in which they reside.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses, and have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Bridgewell is an EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
|More Jobs from Bridgewell|