This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Greater Lynn Senior ServicesLocation: Lynn, MA 01901 Document ID: AD165-4XIP Posted on: 2019-05-1705/17/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Elder Mental Health/Social Worker/Adult Protective Services
Excellent opportunity to utilize and expand best practice skills working with aging adult population in the community. Adult Protective Services at GLSS is looking for a new staff member interested in addressing the mental, social, psychological health issues that present obstacles to adults living safely and independently in the community. We have a strong, support team that is invested in the growth and learning process of every staff member.
As an Adult Protective Service Worker you are responsible for investigating reports of elder abuse and neglect, self-neglect or exploitation. Responsibilities include: crisis support, casework, service planning and other functions within protective service mandates.
- Assessment/Evaluation skills to develop full understanding of client in his/her environment, including risks, supports and needs
- Clinical case management (including goal setting, care planning and service provision)
- Critical thinking ability to think critically and creatively assisting clients with problem solving in many areas of their lives
- Communication skills, both verbal and written; to facilitate collaboration between client and other formal and informal supports
- Empathy and the ability to build relationships and rapport to engage and empower clients to participate in problem resolution
- Organization ability to prioritize according to urgency of client's needs and caseload demands
- Documentation to ensure compliance with regulations and mandates
- Respect for the dignity and worth of every person being culturally open and responsive
Bachelor's Degree with two (2) year's of experience or a Master's Degree with one (1) year of experience. Experience with elders and their families is preferred but not required.
Full time, 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Benefits for this position include:
- 35 hour work week
- 4 day work week option
- No evenings or weekends
- Mileage reimbursement
- On call stipend
- LICSW supervision available
GLSS is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*GLSS will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities upon request.*