This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Lynn, MA 01902 Document ID: AB374-37N9 Posted on: 2019-02-0102/01/2019 Job Type: Regular
Direct Support Professional 1
The Position: We"re looking for a Direct Support Professional 1 (DSP 1) for our Level 1 residential programs. You will provide support to individuals who need daily intervention, supervision and skills training in activities of daily living while managing within a home environment and in the community. Individuals may require physical assistance or accommodation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with skills training in all activities of daily living.
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals to make decisions in order to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs.
- Transport and accompany individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Assist individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as applicable.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, MAP and Driver Safety.
- Maintain additional mandated certifications and trainings as required by the program.
- Develop positive relationships with guardians, family members and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Associates or DSP Certification Preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and minimum of one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to use proficiently Microsoft products and web based applications used by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
- Many benefits starting at 24 or more regularly scheduled hours
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe our benefits package is one of the most competitive (available to all employees regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours)
- Generous paid time off-includes your birthday (that's right, we even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and personal contributions
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training and professional development
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.