This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Lynn, MA 01902 Document ID: AB135-0H7V Posted on: 2017-06-0506/05/2017 Job Type: Regular
Developmental Specialist 2
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth.
Summary: The Developmental Specialist 2 will provide support and assistance in Level 2 day habilitation programs. Staff will provide support to individuals who need daily intervention, supervision and skills training in activities of daily living within a day program environment and in the community. Individuals may require moderate physical assistance or accommodation. Staff will receive specialized training in order to provide enhanced supervision or interventions designed to address multiple disabilities which may include behavioral supports or enhanced medical care. Staff will develop, implement and supervise training programs designed to meet each individual"s needs, case management requirements of designated individuals, and participation in general duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Plan and implement an individualized program, based on each individual"s needs in accordance with their Day Habilitation Service Plan.
- Supervise the implementation of the Day Habilitation Service Plan and maintain individual"s record in TIER.
- Administer and interpret assessments to determine each individual"s skill level on an annual basis.
- Teach skills to individuals and small groups for training in designated areas.
- Develop adaptive equipment and jigs to ensure individuals attain goals.
- Assist people in making decisions about their daily routine/activities.
- Assure that people have access to communication with family, friends, significant others.
- Ensure participation in community events, including attendance at volunteer sites, libraries, YMCA"s and any particular place of interest to them.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the program, follow cleaning schedule, report any maintenance issues, etc.
- Maintain appropriate certifications (i.e. First Aid, CPR, PAC, Fire Safety, Human Rights, etc.)
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor"s degree in Human Services or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with developmental disabilities or developmental training programs, including working with similar populations.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of normalization, behavior management and human rights.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to proficiently use Microsoft products and web based applications supported by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled.
|More Jobs from Bridgewell|