This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
BridgewellLocation: Dracut, MA 01826 Document ID: AC184-0JBF Posted on: 2019-02-1102/11/2019 Job Type: Regular
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Position: We"re looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)! You will provide quality supports to individuals with developmental and psychiatric disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals" care requirements.
- Provide care to individuals such as checking vital signs, checking their weight, applying creams/ointments, etc.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each individual in the delivery of services to them.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to the Program Director.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs by identifying needs and securing appropriate services as needed.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain daily and monthly progress notes according to DDS and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Write annual assessments on individual goals as outlined in the Individual Service Plan (ISP) and participate in the ISP meeting and other relevant meetings for the individuals.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations.
- Maintain core-training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI and MAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate with a minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities.
- Successful completion of a Massachusetts approved Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education which meets state certification requirements.
- Must hold current Nursing Assistant Certification in Massachusetts and maintain active certified status.
- Bachelor"s degree may be substituted for CNA based on experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
- Many benefits starting at 24 or more regularly scheduled hours
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe our benefits package is one of the most competitive (available to all employees regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours)
- Generous paid time off-includes your birthday (that's right, we even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and personal contributions
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training and professional development
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.