This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5K4S Posted on: 2019-02-0402/04/2019 Job Type: Regular
Outpatient Clinician - (Spanish Bilingual)
North Suffolk Mental Health Association, a large community behavioral health agency, has provided a wide range of services in the greater Boston area for decades. Your Spanish language and advocacy skills are vitally needed to serve families and individuals in one of our outpatient clinics in Chelsea. This fast-paced setting serves a highly diverse, urban and multilingual population with presenting problems including trauma histories, substance use disorders, family violence or issues, immigrant or refugee problems, major mental illness diagnoses and intellectual disabilities. This is an opportunity to join a seasoned and diverse multidisciplinary team of therapists and psychopharmacologists who work with high-need kids, adolescents and adults. Grow your skills with diverse experience, excellent training and clinical supervision, exposure to a wide variety of programs, and opportunities for growth.
- Conduct assessments for new adult and child referrals
- Provide ongoing short- and longer-term individual, group and family therapy, care coordination and case management
- Provide crisis intervention and risk management in the context of a supportive team
- Coordinate care with diverse community providers such as courts, inpatient units and state agencies
- Document efficiently in an electronic health record according to compliance standards
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology or related clinical field required. Independent licensure preferred, working toward licensure required.
- Full fluency in Spanish is required. Native speakers, bicultural individuals and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience with ethnically diverse groups and those with trauma histories preferred; experience with children and adolescents is valued but not required.
- Ability to engage many different kinds of people and work creatively.
- Willingness to work within a flexible model of care and adapt quickly when necessary.
- Initiative to take on complex tasks and see through to completion.
- One to two evenings per week, according to client needs.
|More Jobs from North Suffolk Mental Health Association|