This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5K24 Posted on: 2019-03-1803/18/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Senior Community Support Specialist
- Help clients build skills that help move a person on to the most independent setting.
- Gather information about community agencies and families to assist staff in the provision of services.
- Document each person's progress
- Carry out the assigned interventions of the treatment plan, through direct support and rehabilitation services to people on an individual, group, and family basis (with professional staff) in the office and in community settings.
- Provide care to specialized groups like deaf persons or Asian population
- Work with Housing Coordinators to help each person find a safe and affordable place to live - apartment hunting, finding a roommate, landlord negotiations, cleaning, furnishing and decorating
- Ensure that people have adequate financial support
- Participate in medication administration per MAP and DMH policies and protocol.
- Help each person to access reliable transportation
What You'll Need:
- Masters or Doctoral degrees in human services field.
- In lieu of advanced degree, at least two years experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder, or established significant expertise in specialized areas related to ACCS components of care.
- Must have a Driver's license. Must be MAP certified, CPR/first aid certified within three months of hire.
How You'll Stand Out:
- Have expertise in supported housing coordination, housing subsidies, benefits, and entitlements
- Have provided services for young and elderly
- Experience in coordinating collaborative care within teams
- Experience supervising other professionals
Two Weeks' Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
Employer Paid Life Insurance
403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
Access to Credit Union Banking
Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Discounted Movie Tickets
|More Jobs from North Suffolk Mental Health Association|