This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5KC6 Posted on: 2019-04-3004/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Program Manager 3
For 59 years, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health and developmental services to individuals and families in the Boston area. We provide residential and day support programs for individuals who are hearing/visually impaired and have developmental disabilities. Our Support strategies reflect the core value that every person deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
DDS Residential Program Manager
As the Program Manager, you will be an integral part of our best-practice oriented mission. We pride ourselves in having a diverse and dynamic team of professionals. The Program Manager oversees the clinical, financial and administrative operations of a residential program model serving individuals that require hands on care, some behavioral issues, and medical interventions. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, DDS, and other support staff to transform their lives by building independence skills.
Expectations of the Role:
- Insure that all people are treated with dignity, respect and that all services are person centered.
- Create a PBS (Positive Behavior Supports) atmosphere in the programs, following the PBS model.
- Recruit, hire, train, assign, direct, counsel, discipline and evaluate performance of staff. Responsible for the oversight of a daily residential schedule, ensuring the program meets Individuals' needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the home is operating per required ratios and are within budget. Complete weekly time sheet approval in Kronos.
- Meets with all staff bi-weekly; Meets with direct support team each week to motivate and train them
- Oversees the preparation of Individual records for DDS licensing and to meet the standards of quality established by the agency and funding sources.
- Properly oversees medication administration per MAP and Agency guidelines. Administers medication in accordance with Agency, DDS
- Position requires on-call coverage and some evening and weekend on-call rotation.
- Position requires some local travel to accompany Individuals to doctor's appointments or for medical treatment
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with funding sources, day habitation programs, families, and neighbors. Manages family, Individual, staff, and community complaints quickly and proactively; informs supervisor of major and/or unresolved issues.
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree in a related filed highly preferred.
- Two years of supervisory experience required.
- Two year's experience in Human Services, specifically experience with population that has developmental disorders and/or mental health.
- Must have a Driver's license. Must be MAP certified with five months of hire. Must complete CPR/First Aid certification during orientation.
Highlights from our comprehensive benefits package includes the following:
- Clinic space is host to several research projects and team is highly trained and experienced with an academic orientation.
- Access to social work grand rounds at major hospital.
- Excellent clinical supervision.
- No evening hours or on-call duties.
- Opportunity to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan
- H1B-visa waiver program sponsorship
- 403(b) retirement contribution plan with employer matching
- Participate in professional continuing education positions
- Educational Reimbursement/Available CEUs
- Internal Advancement Opportunities