This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5K4M Posted on: 2019-03-1803/18/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Employment Support Specialist
For 59 years, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a new and exciting comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
As the Employment Support Specialist, you are a member of the Recovery Support Team. You will be a fully integrated team member who provides highly individualized services in the community and promotes self determination and decision making. The Employment Support Specialist will work with persons interested in employment and helps navigate the route needed to achieve it. This para-professional provides leadership to the team in the application and deployment of the IPS model.
Expectations of the Role:
- Help Individuals to identify personal priorities, strengths, and interests in order to help them establish goals
- Works collaboratively with employment subcontractors to assist people receiving IPS services as necessary.
- Act as a job coach, including supervision of people on the job
- Assist each person with resumes and job interview preparation
- Find Individuals employment based on their individualized needs and stated desires
- Insure that supported employment is integrated with mental health treatment
- Spends at least 60% time out in the community and away from mental health settings
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred, High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- At least two years experience with population who has severe and persistent mental illness in lieu of degree required. Must have vocational knowledge and be able to teach others.
- Must have Driver's license. Must be MAP certified, CPR/first aide certified within five continuous months of employment/date of hire (training provided).
Two Weeks' Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
Employer Paid Life Insurance
403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
Access to Credit Union Banking
Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Discounted Movie Tickets
Comprehensive Training Program
Internal Advancement Opportunities
|More Jobs from North Suffolk Mental Health Association|