This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5KCC Posted on: 2018-12-1512/15/2018 Job Type: Full-time
Early Childhood Developmental Specialist
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support and home teaching services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team including contracted discrete therapy and FFS service providers.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for child and family client.
Education: Master's degree in Counseling Psychology, Expressive Therapy, Mental Health, Social Work or similar field preferred. Bachelor's degree in Early Intervention, Nursing, or Education with concentration or considerable experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education required.
Experience: Experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education required.
Skills: Either be or to become Early Intervention certified with DPH. Driver's license and vehicle needed.
Tagged as: children