This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5KC5 Posted on: 2019-04-3004/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Direct Support Professional 3
Residential direct support staff are members of a team responsible for providing high quality direct care services to adults with developmental disabilities. Each direct support staff member is responsible for ensuring the human rights of all Individuals served are met. Staff is responsible for treating all Individuals with dignity and respect.
- Work with individuals who need assistance with ADL's.
- Assist with behavioral interventions in the home and in the community.
- Provided individuals with opportunities to learn and exercise to increase independence.
- Help schedule and accompanying individuals to medical appointments and treatments.
- Properly administer medication in accordance with Medication Administration Procedures (MAP).
- Responsible for being familiar with and abiding by agency, department, and program policies and procedures.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Zero to six months related experience preferred providing child care/elder care/direct support to developmentally disabled persons or previous experience supporting individuals in a mental health/special education or other human services setting is required.
- Must successfully complete all mandatory trainings as required by the Agency within the required time frame.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aide certification within five continuous months of hire
- Must obtain Massachusetts MAP certification within five continuous months of hire
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license required.
|More Jobs from North Suffolk Mental Health Association|