This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5K4R Posted on: 2019-02-2302/23/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Community Outreach Worker
- Establish and maintain relationships with client, providing contact and support.
- Act as liaison between service providers, community and the client and provides comprehensive initial assessment of need areas for all clients referred.
- Conducts risk assessment with each client and formulates a crisis plan.
- Assists individuals in scheduling and attending medical appointments as well as accessing outpatient mental health treatment.
- Assists individuals with official correspondence pertaining to insurance eligibility, social security and other entitlement programs
- Help the client identify and access appropriate resources to support the client's recovery.
Experience: Previous outreach experience with populations with mental illness and/or substance abuse strongly preferred.
Skills: Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Bilingual strongly encouraged to apply. Please note bilingual ability on resume.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Psychology or a related field.