This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5K4R Posted on: 2019-04-3004/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Community Outreach Worker
- Establish and maintain relationships with client, providing contact and support.
- Act as liaison between service providers, community and the client and provides comprehensive initial assessment of need areas for all clients referred.
- Conducts risk assessment with each client and formulates a crisis plan.
- Assists individuals in scheduling and attending medical appointments as well as accessing outpatient mental health treatment.
- Assists individuals with official correspondence pertaining to insurance eligibility, social security and other entitlement programs
- Help the client identify and access appropriate resources to support the client's recovery.
Experience: Previous outreach experience with populations with mental illness and/or substance abuse strongly preferred.
Skills: Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Bilingual strongly encouraged to apply. Please note bilingual ability on resume.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Psychology or a related field.