This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Chelsea, MA 02150 Document ID: AC443-5JUU Posted on: 2019-04-2304/23/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Accounts Receivable Third-Party Authorization Coordinator
- Monitor and track clinics' initial and extended authorizations for date and unit/session exhaustion.
- Run AR Plus authorization reports no less than twice weekly to monitor and request authorizations from third party funders.
- Confirm authorization receipt with online insurances.
- Enter authorizations into AR Plus system. Ensure that all visits are properly linked to calculate correctly.
- Run Status 13 reports weekly as double check against visits without authorization.
- Prepare, track and submit weekly staff non-compliant report to clinical managers, AR Director, and Director of Operations for clinician follow up
- Monitor and support CSA, CSP and Day Treatment authorization processes during approved absences.
- Keep abreast of all funder authorization requirements and revisions. Distribute changes to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining denials for authorization issues, keeping the write off percentages under 1% for the clinics and reporting reasons for any increases to AR Director.
- Responsible for all follow-up authorization procedures in order to maximize collection.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Moderate knowledge of third party insurances, billing, collection and authorization processes.
Experience: Third party billing experience dealing with insurance company's requirements for billing/collection and/or direct prior authorization experience required. Moderate knowledge of third party insurances, billing, collection and authorization processes.
Skills: Highly organized and detail oriented with proven ability to set and meet deadlines and goals. Experience with excel required.