This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Green Mountain EnergyLocation: Boston, MA 02118 Document ID: AC052-4D3I Posted on: 2018-03-0803/08/2018 Job Type: Regular
Partnership Sales Associate
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Green Mountain Energy Company is seeking a Partnership Sales Coordinator with outstanding leadership and sales skills.
The Partnership Sales Coordinator is responsible for booking and planning a thorough calendar of events, booth activations and partnering with retail stores to set up onsite promotional tables. The role is responsible for ensuring that field sales Team Leaders and Sales Managers have complete information about each selling opportunity, events are able to be properly and safely set-up and torn-down, and equipment inventories are sufficient and properly maintained while keeping costs within established budgets. This position also shares/learns best practices among peers in other regions and supports information exchange with regards to regional and national retail chain relationship acquisition. The position is also responsible for participation in external business development meetings and may have opportunities to manage a limited number of active national or regional retailer relationships.
This position reports to the Market Sales Manager.
- Pursue new retail and events partnerships to ensure consistently productive selling opportunities for Sales Representatives
- Maintain, strengthen, and expand existing partnerships
- Manage resources and time to ensure each team of representatives has ample access to selling opportunities
- Manage retail and events budget for procuring sales opportunities
- Model expected sales performance opportunity costs to achieve cost per sales targets
- Partner with field sales teams, marketing staff and event/retail partners to adapt selling tools and configurations and optimize results at each selling opportunity
- Provide set up and event feedback during and after each event and new store opportunity
- Work with accounting and legal departments to ensure events are paid on time
- Manage and track sales opportunities for year-over-year scheduling purposes
- Report results of sales opportunities to senior management
- Maintain appropriate inventory of event supplies, such as tables and coverings, outdoor canopies, premiums, and other materials for events
- Train and manage Event Set Up staff as needed
- Manage and promote the referral programs that train sales representatives to participate in partnership development
- Participate in and demonstrate making sales at various selling opportunities
- Support and communicate Safety protocols including the GME Safety Manual with event setup staff and other stakeholders
- Ensure safe and compliant conditions are maintained in all storage, office, equipment, transportation, and field sales circumstances
- Two years prior demonstrated success in event planning, business-to-business or direct sales, or otherwise engaging in customer interaction required
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Strong time management skills required
- Occasional weekend availability required
- Access to reliable transportation required
- Strong written and verbal communication required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with SalesForce or comparable CRM tools preferred
- Bachelors' degree preferred
- Sincere interest in environmental protection and the growth of renewable energy
- High level of personal integrity, honesty, and dependability a must
- Responsible, cooperative, and enthusiastic team player
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
Nearest Major Market: Boston