This posting cannot receive an online application from your BostonJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
North Suffolk Mental Health AssociationLocation: Boston, MA 02118 Document ID: AC443-5KCH Posted on: 2019-04-3004/30/2019 Job Type: Full-time
Early Childhood Music Therapist
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Function fully as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team including contracted discrete therapy and FFS service providers.
- Facilitate the timely delivery of services.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
- Maintain all required DPH, agency and program required documentation. Responsible for the integrity of case files.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for child and family client.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and scheduled inservice trainings.
- Provide consultation and education to agency staff and community agencies.
- Share Knowledge and resources with staff regarding theory, practice and approach to counseling or use of expressive therapy training of individuals, groups and families.
- Provide discrete music therapy consultation.
- Provide in service and consultation to staff regarding expressive therapy approaches.
- Provide consultation to community agencies/groups and represent program periodically.
Education/Experience: Bachelor degree in Music Therapy required, Master degree preferred. Board Certification in Music Therapy required. Candidate must meet state eligibility requirements to become Early Intervention provisionally certified with MA Department of Public Health.
Skills: Valid MA driver's license and access to reliable vehicle needed.
|More Jobs from North Suffolk Mental Health Association|