This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Securitas Security Services USA Inc.Location: Boston, MA 02110 Document ID: AD061-2UQE Posted on: 2019-02-2202/22/2019 Job Type: Regular
HOUR Hourly Wage: $13.00 -- $17.00 Minimum Education: High School2019-03-24
Customer Service Security Officers
WE ARE HIRING…JOIN OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS!!!
With over 350 branch locations throughout the United States, Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the country. Our core service offerings are On-site, Mobile and Remote Guarding. We have approximately 500 branch managers and 88,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas' mission is defined by our three core values: Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness.
Securitas Security Services Inc. is currently hiring reliable and experienced Security Officers in Boston. All shifts (morning, evening, overnight) are available including both full and part time.
Other positions available include Security Receptionists, Dispatchers, and Shift Supervisors.
Ideal candidates must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work professionally with the public. Prior Security or Military experience strongly preferred but not required.
Additional responsibilities for the Security Officer include:
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
We offer all employees....
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Matching 401K
- Direct Deposit
- Free Uniforms
- Company discounts with Wireless Carriers
- Advancement Opportunities
Minimum Hiring Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Able to pass a criminal background check & drug screening
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
Securitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - M/F/Vet Disabilites