This job posting is no longer active on BostonJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Bay Cove Human ServicesLocation: Boston, MA 02114 Document ID: AF435-2PF3 Posted on: 2021-11-0411/04/2021 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Masters2021-12-04
Clinical Program Director -MHSA YMCA
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Journey to Success (JTS) program has a long history of serving formerly chronic homeless individuals who are under the influence of alcohol or other substances and those who, due to their mental health and/or substance use, exhibit behaviors that often create barriers to accessing and retaining permanent supportive housing. The JTS Program provides low threshold housing services in a manner that addresses the specific needs of the individuals through engagement in care and assessment of needs with the goal of sustaining safe and affordable permanent housing. The Clinical Program Director assures that the program adheres to the service delivery model and supplies timely and efficient data on service delivery. It is the commitment of the program that tenants of the JTS Program are served with dignity and respect and that each individual’s service delivery is tailored to optimal interventions based on their history and preference. The Clinical Program Director supports this commitment through their leadership, direction, and sound management of the program. This is an exempt position.
The Clinical Program Director will have a variety of roles and responsibilities within the JTS program including but not limited to supervising case managers and managing a caseload of tenants, providing clinical feedback and consultation to staff regarding clients that have complex mental health needs, care coordination for clients with complex mental health needs, interfacing with other service providers that work with JTS tenants, crisis intervention and de-escalation.
The Clinical Program Director assesses each person’s needs for services and engages in follow up that best ensures their safety and well-being. S/he facilitates the person’s engagement or re-engagement in behavioral health services through referral to community based services that are consonant with the person’s needs and preferences.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Assures that the program adheres to the service delivery contractual agreements and Bay Cove Human Services policies and procedures.
- Develops and/or monitors processes for tracking service utilization, including case management notes and referrals.
- Collaborates with Bay Cove IT Department, (Homeless Management Information Systems) HMIS Coordinator and program staff to maintain the program’s electronic records management system, assuring for accurate documentation of JTS services, storage and maintenance of clients’ records in accordance with contract requirements.
- Works closely with community providers and the program’s staff to assure safe and appropriate treatment/services for JTS tenants.
- Leads the program management team to plan, outline, organize, monitor and report on goals, objectives and outcomes for the program.
- Serves as a representative in contacts with program’s funding entities and other community partners.
- Model for providing services in a low-threshold shelter setting.
- Responsible for ensuring the program’s adherence to relevant federal and state policies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in human services or a related field with experience with adults with major mental illness and crisis intervention.
- Must have a Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field.
- Must be able to obtain licensure (LMHC, LCSW, LICSW) within the first year of employment.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Licensure preferred.
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation training preferred.
- Bilingual/bicultural preferred.