Bay Cove Human ServicesLocation: Boston, MA 02114 Document ID: AF341-0B9G Posted on: 2021-08-2408/24/2021 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Minimum Education: Masters2021-10-23
Clinical Manager- Treatment Center
Clinical Manager- Treatment Center
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Job Summary: The mission of the Treatment Center is to provide a safe environment and comprehensive clinical program to men in early recovery. Services are provided in a respectful and compassionate manner through the development of individualized treatment and aftercare planning. This is an exempt position.
Working under the direction of the Clinical Director:
- Clinical Manager works within a multidisciplinary team, and is responsible for supporting the Clinical Director in the delivery of clinical services (including assessment, individual and group counseling) and case management for residents.
- Clinical Manager supervises and schedules Support Staff in addition to providing guidance to Caseworkers as the Lead.
- The Clinical Manager works to ensure that residents are seamlessly transitioned to the next level of care. The Clinical Manager supports the Bay Cove mission through their leadership and commitment to delivering quality care to residents.
- The Clinical Manager supports the Clinical Director in providing orientation, training and supervision for Case Managers / Counselors and Student Interns. Plans, organizes and carry out general clinical management duties.
- Supports the Clinical Director in providing ongoing guidance to the counseling staff. Orients, instructs and supervises clinical staff.as directed by the Clinical Director.
- Provides individual and group counseling that promotes a stable clinical and psychological condition for residents. Completes comprehensive assessments of the resident’s health, psychological, social, and cognitive ability.
- Develops or participates in the development of the resident’s treatment and after care plans and documents interventions provided.
- Clinical Manage works closely with the Clinical Director to review patient records and ensure appropriate documentation of services provided in accordance with program policies/procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and other service providers to link patients to services. Responsible for ongoing tracking and reporting on patient transitions post-service delivery and assists in multidisciplinary team efforts in managing emergencies situations.
- Available for on-call weekend and holiday coverage as needed. Attends staff meetings, supervision, periodic reviews, and other related meetings.
- Plans, schedules and supervises all support staff.
- Provides Group Supervision and or individual supervision on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Supports staff in developing skills in responding to complex issues such as co-occurring disorders and trauma. Performs record reviews of all clinical and relief staff documentation as directed by the Clinical Director.
- Orient, instruct and supervise support staff and new hires
- Performs scheduling of all relief staff and ensures coverage for all after hours shifts.
- Review and interpret work performance of support staff and counselors per accepted standards and job description
- Review and evaluate residents' clinical records including treatment plans, counseling and case management progress notes, psychosocial assessments and signed consent forms as assigned by the Clinical Director
- Assure that patients have a clean, comfortable and safe environment
- Evaluate and assess social, psychological and motivational needs of the patient
- Make independent decisions regarding counseling and case management practices.
- Evaluate emergencies to determine emergency measures necessary, keep Clinical and Program Director’s notified and completes incident reports as directed
- Supervisors may conduct assessments and provide individual and group services to residents requiring additional support as a result of co-occurring disorders and/or trauma.
- Maintains statics and reports as directed
- Maintains compliance with state and federal accreditation codes
- Coordinates trainings and in-service education
- Acts as an administrative resources in the absence of the Clinical Director
- Provides training to new hires and student interns
- Works with Clinical Director to analyze and evaluate staff needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess or is eligible for LADC1 or CADAC.
- Should have at least two years supervisory experience and two years' experience in direct clinical supervision of staff is preferred.
- Certificate in substance abuse treatment preferred At least two years' experience in substance abuse or mental health setting thorough knowledge of dual diagnosis and treatment resources available in the substance abuse field.
- Hold the ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- Ability to work as management and treatment team member both in a group and independently.
- Ability to interpret principals of good management and implement application of these principals in daily work
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced human services environment.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes
- Ability to articulate and communicate Bay Cove's mission and strategic direction in a consistent and enthusiastic manner to departmental staff
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Ability to climb stairs and respond to emergencies.
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.