Come join our team!
National Express is currently hiring for Full Time Drivers for the MBTA’s THE RIDE program.
National Express- THE RIDE, Has immediate openings for experienced, dependable, customer service focused drivers. Transport passengers around the Boston City Metro area to medical appointments, work, shopping and other activities. Training is paid and the position does not need require CDL.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Safely transporting passengers to and from pre-arranged destinations utilizing a radio-equipped paratransit vehicle
- Door to door shared – ride transportation
- Proper utilization of electro-mechanic wheelchair lifts as needed (Training Provided)
- Escorting passengers to and from the vehicle, while providing necessary assistance.
- Securing wheelchairs, scooters and walkers.
- Communicating effectively with the Dispatch & Safety Teams to ensure procedures are followed and problems are corrected
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service to our passengers and their guests
- Handle difficult situations in a calm and effective manner
- Show a demonstrated record of safe operation of a motor vehicle
- Be able to effectively communicate in English- both Written and Verbally,
- Be able to effectively follow written and verbal instructions
- Hold general knowledge of Massachusetts traffic codes and rules
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Have held a US Driver's License for the past 5 years
- Have a Valid Massachusetts Driver's License or bordering states.
- Have had no moving violations (tickets, except parking) within the past year
- Have had no more than two driving violation within that past 36 months
- Paid Training
- 80% Paid Medical & Dental (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
- 100% Paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
- Pension Plan
- Uniforms Provided
- Generous Paid Time Off Structure (2 weeks paid vacation after 1
All National Express The RIDE employees are required to complete:
- DOT Physical
- Background Check
- Drug Screen
- Practical Skills Test
To apply please go to this link
Or Visit us in person at:
180 Meadow Road
Hyde Park, MA 02136
617-979-6705 or 617-979-6770
Monday - Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.25 to $16.25 /hour