Greater Lynn Senior Services (GLSS), an MBTA contracted service provider for THE RIDE, has immediate openings for experienced, dependable, customer-service-focused drivers . GLSS drivers are caring men and women who play an important role in our mission to create more livable communities for all by safely transporting people with disabilities throughout the Greater Boston and North Shore areas. Our skilled driver workforce provides safe, reliable transportation to stores, social visits, medical appointments, day programs, and more using vehicles designed for wheelchair lifts, seats, and other special access.
THE RIDE is available to consumers seven (7) days a week, twenty-two (22) hours a day, so flexibility and reliability are key qualities we seek in individuals who we hire to work at GLSS. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and overtime hours. 40 hours per week - Thursday - Monday full time shifts. Plenty of overtime available. Starting pay: $16.25 per hour with great benefits!
If you are looking for a job opportunity where you will feel valued and share in our mission of helping others, we want to hear from you! Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Safety is a priority for our passengers, so you must have a valid Massachusetts Driver's License; a clean driving record and a minimum of five (5) years U.S driving experience with no moving violations or surchargeable accidents within the last year and no history of DUI, DWI, or OUI
- Must pass a basic English reading and writing test
- Ability to obtain at minimum of a one (1) year DOT (Department of Transportation) card; pass a pre-employment drug and background check
- This is the only transportation for many of our passengers so you must be flexible and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime
GLSS is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. *GLSS will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities upon request.*