strengthens communities by providing an unmatched range of social and human services that empower people with disabilities and other life challenges to live safe, self-directed and productive lives. Bridgewell delivers support through community housing, day programs, outpatient treatment, recovery services, education and employment training. We"re committed to helping people in need, from those with autism to people with substance use disorders, become engaged members of their communities. Bridgewell is also the industry leader in developing innovative offerings in response to unmet or emerging needs. The Position:
We"re looking for a Developmental Specialist 2
! You will provide support and assistance in Level 2 day habilitation programs. You will provide support to individuals who need daily intervention, supervision and skills training in activities of daily living within a day program environment and in the community. Individuals may require moderate to considerable physical assistance or accommodation. In addition, you will receive specialized training in order to provide enhanced supervision or interventions designed to address multiple disabilities which may include behavioral supports. You will be required to be credentialed or trained in specialized areas such as PAC or ABA techniques and/or have advanced training in areas such as autism and behavioral supports. Staff will develop, implement and supervise training programs designed to meet each individual"s needs, case management of designated individuals, or participation in general duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, DMH, MassHealth, HUD, DPH, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards as well as Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Plan and implement an individualized program, based on each individual"s needs in accordance with their Day Habilitation Service Plan.
- Supervise the implementation of the Day Habilitation Service Plan and maintain individual"s record in TIER.
- Administer and interpret assessments to determine each individual"s skill level on an annual basis.
- Teach skills to individuals and small groups for training in designated areas.
- Develop adaptive equipment and jigs to ensure individuals attain goals.
- Assist people in making decisions about their daily routine/activities.
- Assure that people have access to communication with family, friends, significant others.
- Ensure participation in community events, including attendance at volunteer sites, libraries, YMCA"s and any particular place of interest to them.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the program, follow cleaning schedule, report any maintenance issues, etc.
- Maintain appropriate certifications (i.e. First Aid, CPR, PAC, Fire Safety, Human Rights, etc.)
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor"s degree in Human Services or related field required.
- Minimum of two year of experience in developmental disabilities or developmental training program with people who have significant behavioral needs.
- Training and/or experience in areas such as autism and/or behavioral supports.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of normalization, behavior management and human rights.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Computer literacy to include ability to proficiently use Microsoft products and web based applications supported by the agency.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle and regularly meet driving record requirements of the agency.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Why Should You Apply:
- Many benefits starting at 24 or more regularly scheduled hours
- Excellent health benefits-medical, dental, vision. We believe our benefits package is one of the most competitive (available to all employees regularly scheduled for 30 or more hours)
- Generous paid time off-includes your birthday (that's right, we even give you your birthday off!)
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and personal contributions
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training and professional development
If top benefits alone don't sway you, then our compassionate and collaborative work environment should! Bridgewell is committed to training and developing staff and provides the opportunities for you to have a positive impact in the work you do.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI results according to Bridgewell policy.
Bridgewell is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.