North Suffolk is seeking an enthusiastic Developmental Specialist Service Coordinator for our Early Childhood Intervention Services. Harbor Area Child Care is a specialized therapeutic child care program serving toddler/preschoolers until age three years of age through a closed referral process with the Department of Children and Families. Join a passionate team devoted to supporting children and families. Coordinate and provide early intervention services and treatment to child and child/family clients using team approach, in home, program, or other community settings, which are identified as clients' natural environments for individuals and groups.Responsibilities:
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support and home teaching services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team including contracted discrete therapy and FFS service providers.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for child and family client.
Master's degree in Counseling Psychology, Expressive Therapy, Mental Health, Social Work or similar field preferred. Bachelor's degree in Early Intervention, Nursing, or Education with concentration or considerable experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education required.Experience
: Experience in Infancy/Early Childhood and Special Education required.Skills
: Either be or to become Early Intervention certified with DPH. Driver's license and vehicle needed.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks' Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Employer Paid Long Term Disability after 2 years of service.
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities/Opportunities to earn CEUs
Tagged as: children